How Often Should You Clean Your Dryer Vent Hose?
Actually,it depends on the lint amount that escapes from the lint trap or screen. Also,if you have a gas machine, you must know that it tends to reduce moisture thatleads to fast lint buildup.
Accordingto (CPSC) you need to inspect & clean up your dryer regularly toavoid deadly dryer fires especially if it has a history of buildup. You mustclean up your dryer hose once yearly and detect the dryer & hose for blocksat least every six months.
Youcan ask professional cleaners as Dryer Vent Cleaning Houston TX clean upyour unit. However, if you want to do it on your own, you just only will wastefrom 15:20 mins to finish it. As long as your duct is accessible, youcan do this!
Ifyour dryer hose tube is long this might be a little bit difficult. It will workharder than it should do to dry up your clothes. Thus, if you want to know howto clean up your ductwork read the following:
- First, unplug your unit and if you have a gas dryer turn off the gas.
- Remove any lint from the lint trap or the screen
- Use a brush and then a vacuum or shop vac to suck any lint
- Disconnect the duct tube from the wall
- If you have a hose clamps that hold the tube to the dryer “squeeze it to loosen the clamp”
- If yours requires a screwdriver to loosen the attached bolt to the clamp, then do this.
- After sliding the tube of the dryer use vacuum to clean the dryer and the wall.
- Clean the hose by using the vacuum too.
- If your tub is old vinyl one it is a fire threat one, replace it with a metal one.
- Now you have a clean & safe unit.
- Reattach the hose to the dryer & the wall.
- Finally, if you can reach the outer vent, go and clean it too.
- Make certain that the vent is properly closed while the dryer is running or you will get bugs or birds inside the vent.
That’sit! it is so easy, right? Make certain that your house & family are wellprotected by checking your dryer vent regularly.