How do I deep clean my dryer lint screen?
To make the dryer work properly, you have to clean the lint screen and vents perfectly.
By the time, lint builds up in the lint screen or vents. It makes the dryer work harder taking a long time to dry clothes.
Do not use the dryer when the lint screen is damaged or blocked. It can cause damages to your dryer and fibers.
Why Do You Clean Your Lint Screen?
- It increases the lifetime of your dryer. When you take the pressure off your dryer, you decrease the possibility of damages. In this case, you do not need emergency repairs.
- Make your clothes dry quickly and fast. Proper airflow can dry your clothes in one cycle. If your screen is blocked, you may need to repeat the dryer cycle more than once.
- If the screen is blocked with lint, the dryer will not work properly. It makes your energy bills high. So, cleaning it will reduce your bills and increase your money.
- Dryers produce high temperatures and lint is highly flammable. So, cleaning your lint screen will reduce the risk of fire and help you to live safely in your home.
Steps to Clean the Lint Screen
The lint screen is found in the door opening of the dryer. To clean it, you have to follow these steps:
-Remove the lint screen from the lint trap
Pull the end of the lint screen. The screen will come out of the dryer.
-Clean the lint from the screen
- Remove the lint from the surface of the screen with your hand.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and soap.
- Add half a cup of vinegar into the water.
- Place your lint screen into the bowl.
- Make sure that your screen will be underwater.
- Leave your lint screen in the water for 30 minutes.
-Use vacuum cleaner and a soft brush
It is the time to use your vacuum to clean around the place the lint screen lies.
After the 30 minutes, pull your screen from the water and take a nice cleaning brush. Use it until you see no dirt on your screen.
After that, wash your screen with warm water to make sure you remove the soap and fibers from your screen.